About the course
Our two Programs prepare Adult Learners for the role of a Montessori Teacher in both Lower Elementary (6-9) or Lower & Upper Elementary (6-12) classrooms. Graduates get knowledge and practice to lead both bilingual and local language classrooms.
Graduates will earn an Elementary I-II credential from the American Montessori Society.
The all-inclusive early bird course tuition above includes:
- In-class and online training sessions with AMS-qualified instructors
- AMS and MACTE Adult Learner registration fees
- Early Childhood Overview online course for Elementary training participants who do not hold an internationally recognized Early Childhood credential
- Training manuals and other resources
- 3 Practicum visits by our Practicum Consultant (2 in person and 1 online)
- Free access to any training session as a refresher after graduation (if training site capacity allows)
Online information session
Applicants who would like to learn more information about our programs, time schedule, content, and outcomes can register for an online meeting with our Program Director Judith Luman for free.
What you will study
Early Childhood Overview
The Early Childhood Overview course is a compulsory pre-requisite to the Elementary I course for participants who do not hold a credential from an internationally recognized Early Childhood (2.5 - 6) course (AMS, AMI, or other MACTE accredited).
Classwork will include a combination of presentation, theory, and hands-on experience during supervised lab work. The academic part of the program is complemented by distance learning courses.
The practicum experience is crucial for the transformation of a Montessori teacher. The Practicum can be done in a classroom with a Supervising Teacher or Self Directed. Observations and discussions with our experienced Field Supervisor will give the Interns support as they work toward Practicum completion. Two major projects are developed during the Practicum. The Practicum consists of at least 1,080 hours during a minimum of 1 school year in a classroom fulfilling AMS standards.